Monday, March 16, 2009

Exercising

The five liquids that correspond to our five organ systems are: sweat to heart, tear to liver, saliva to spleen, nasal mucus to lungs, white layer on the tongue to kidney. This white layer comes from our bladder yang which changes jing into qi, bringing kidney qi upward.
The Classic says it is best to exercise the body but not to tiredness because sweat comes from the heart. To have a thin layer of sweat all over the body is good for blood circulation. But to sweat profusely taxes our heart and blood system which depletes blood from other organs and body functions. This kind of exercising is not good for our health.

5 comments:

wygene said...

Hi Claire,
Just wanted to let you know that someone is reading your blog. I check it once a week or so. Winter in Wyoming is awfully long, but it gives me plenty of time to practice. Hope you are well and prosperous. Thanks for the inspiration from your blog.
---Gene Case

Claire said...

Hi Gene,
This is so good to hear! For a while I thought I was alone writing my blog, haha! Now that I know you are reading, I will make sure to post more often! I have already translated twenty some pages, but still have a couple of medical vocabs to look up to finalize. Thanks for your support! And happy practice!

Ksenia said...

Claire - nope, you've got readers ;) And I love this post - something so simple is so illuminating! Thank you.

Claire said...

Dear Ksenia, and everyone who are reading,
I am amazed! This site and many other English websites were all blocked from China. So I haven't been able to post anything for a while now. I have many things written and translated. So as soon as I can post again, you will see them. I am very happy that these material get to be released out afterall.
And I must say, after staying in China for eight months, there are still many things wonderful about the States, including more freedom than many other countries. Every place on Earth has its good and bad. It's nice to know to apppreciate the good, and to know to help change the bad, with as much wisdom as we can muster, through our own practice and living.

Claire said...

I checked: I could only leave comments still, no posting available from China. So my dear friends, this is to be continued when I return to the States in Oct. Meanwhile, be well.