Sunday, June 15, 2008

On Giving

When someone expects me to give, I don’t feel so driven to give. In fact, sometimes I want to limit my giving. When someone doesn’t expect anything in return, when she is simply offering, serving, I genuinely want to give whatever I could offer. When someone kind of wish I could help her, I don’t feel so inspired to give my help.

When I feel I have enough, I give freely, I am glad to be serving others, and I don’t need anything in return. This is when others would do anything they could to give back. When I don’t count on others giving back, this is ultimate trust. This is ultimate confidence in life. These are the most beautiful people, ones who don’t need love back, don’t need recognition back, don’t need compensation back, because they already have. This is what religions talk about.

No comments: